Labels
amazon
(2)
apps
(1)
audio
(1)
books
(2)
characters
(1)
comic
(1)
counting
(1)
culture
(2)
currency
(1)
google-docs
(1)
grammar
(3)
immersion
(1)
iphone
(2)
movies
(1)
net-resource
(1)
noun modifiers
(1)
noun phrases
(1)
nouns
(1)
particles
(1)
podcast
(1)
product
(1)
reading
(2)
The Golden Axe
(2)
thoughts
(3)
tools
(1)
translation
(2)
TV
(1)
tv-series
(1)
Thursday, August 4, 2011
First Steps
About a month ago I started learning a couple of Chinese phrases. Since then I have learned at least a hundred words and close to a hundred characters. I have decided to to take a multifaceted approach. I have a couple of apps on my iPhone which is helping me. I particularly like the AccelaStudy Chinese and the iChinese applications. I use AccelaStudy's Audio Auto Advance feature extensively when I drive around and in the gym. It is a very easy way of learning new vocabulary and pronunciation. iChinese has helped me to write characters. Both are excellent apps. I also picked up the following book (Actual paper,I know, very low tech): Tuttle Learning Chinese Characters, Vol. 1: A Revolutionary New Way to Learn and Remember the 800 Most Basic Chinese Characters. This was an impulsive purchase but such a good buy. I only read the reviews on amazon on this book a couple of days later and let me tell you that most of the negative comments are totally unfounded. So this is the beginning. I am aiming to post my experience learning Chinese on this blog and maybe it is useful to somebody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment